The Westpac Life Saver Strategic Plan
The Westpac Life Saver Strategic Plan focuses on developing services to meet the needs of NSW communities and government. Our Plan has six key drivers to achieve this.
- Relevance of the Westpac Life Saver Helicopter Rescue Service
- Meeting community needs
- Good governance and management practices
- Sustainability with provision for development and capacity building
- Operational excellence in rotary wing aviation and search and rescue
- Key contributor to the Surf Life Saving Australia aviation strategy
The Westpac Life Saver Vision
Our Vision is to be
- Recognised as a provider of best practice aviation search and rescue service
- Integrated into surf lifesaving coastal public safety and emergency management services
- Supporting all other emergency services in our areas of operation
The Westpac Life Saver Values
Our Values are fundamental to the way we conduct our duties and provide our services.
- Safety practices underlie operations and performance
- Commitment to professional management
- Always striving for excellence
- Decisions are based on the community and the organisations best interests
- Maintaining open, effective and timely communication
- Ensuring our actions reflect the highest standards of honesty, integrity and respect for each other
- Effective teamwork to achieve our visions and goals
The Westpac Life Saver Purpose
To save lives by:
- Providing coastal surveillance patrols
- Undertaking search and rescue missions in marine and coastal environments in our areas of operation
- Integrating into SLSA coastal public safety management solutions
- Providing support to Police, Ambulance and Emergency Service agencies
- Being recognised an integral part of major disaster and incident response systems
Our Plan is based on three Key Result Areas. Our objectives and resulting strategies fall within these;
To provide leadership and effectively manage the policies, resources and personnel of the Service, ensuring a long term, sustainable future
To provide and manage an aviation rescue service in our areas of operation which are of intrinsic value to the community and based on best practice and innovation.
Develop and maintain financial security to always provide the best aircraft, equipment, personnel and services to the community.